Tuesday 26 July 2011

The Word of the Week - The Woman

If I had one wish, it would be that the world respects the sacrifices of a good woman!  My heart breaks sometimes at the thought of the struggles women have to go through.  These are the selfless mothers, who take care of their children, providing the best that they can without the support of their men; for the Grandmothers, who worry about their children incessantly but provide unending support to them determinedly; for the sisters who provide the much needed shoulder to cry upon, for without the love of my sisterhood, I would not be the sister that I am today.

The woman is the strength, the unseen foundation from which the family structure is built upon.  She is the unappreciated vessel through which life is brought forth; she is burden the bearer of pain each month when her womb moves in accordance with the cycles of the moon.  She is the reflection of Mother Nature but look how this world is trying to destroy her.

The woman is in the vanguard of life and needs to be appreciated as the unsung SHEroe of our time!

In the words of the author Maya Angelou from her much loved poem “Phenomenal Woman,” I leave you with this excerpt that sums up all that I am and all of that YOU are as the females of the nation:

Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed.
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real  loud.
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It's in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need of my care,
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me. 

Peace and much appreciation to all of MY SHEroe’s!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment