Friday 6 December 2013

The Word of the Week - Own your thoughts

Welcome back to another round of the Word of the Week until the Christmas close down.  I hope you all have been keeping well and more importantly, inspired to your greatness.

There is a lesson in the book A Course in Miracles that I have had to repeat frequently of late and this is what I wish to share with you today.

I can be hurt by NOTHING but my THOUGHTS

Just let this sentence marinate for a minute in your mind and repeat it again.  I know from personal experience that my thoughts, my internal dialogue and my judgements that arise about others are all contained within this sentence.  This reminds me that I and only I create my own anxieties, my own negative feelings and my bouts of victimisation.  All of my thoughts that I construct create the feelings that I feel and thus keep me in an illusion that I have no control over my thoughts whatsoever.  This statement reminds me that I am the author, architect, director and indeed the star of my own movie called life and it boils down to a simple question that I can ask myself.
 “Do I wish to continue this particular thought and the associated feelings or am I willing to choose again?”  It is as simple as that.  In asking myself this question, I give power back to me and not the ego. 

For in truth we actually believe that we have no control over our feelings, which are instigated by our thoughts, which we alone create.  Further, when you are in the midst of a particularly negative spiral it can make you feel as if it is an impossibility to pull yourself out of it.  You feel as if you have absolutely no control over the situation and literally submit to the tirade of the ego’s onslaught of negativity.  For the past few days, this has been my own test, where I could feel bouts of negativity and anger seep into my mind and have me act out in very unskilful ways. 
This particular onslaught felt very determined to shake me off my seat of peace and tranquillity, so I reached into my trusted toolkit and first gave my thoughts to my inner guide for healing. A simple statement of,“I give this situation to my inner guide to heal,” is all that I said, then I moved out of the own way to let my miracle mind set do its work. 
When I say move out of the way it means to let go of that thought process and trust that your inner guide (your spiritual big Self) has the strength, which you might find lacking, to change your mind to one of a much higher vibration.

I am pleased to report that I am definitely back on track.  This exercise helps you to build that much needed trust in your Big Self as well as a reminder that ALL your solutions come from within.

Have an empowering weekend.

Nameste


No comments:

Post a Comment