Friday 13 June 2014

The Word of the Week - You ARE what you think


AFFIRMATION
Today I surrender to the magic of life and see only my greater good before me.
                                                             
I know I have spoken about this subject often but to coin the Latin phrase by Thomas Aquinas “repetition is the mother of all learning.”

When you make a concerted effort to shift your perception to one of love and not fear; when you recognise that ALL challenges that occur in your life, whether it relates to health, finances, grief, divorce or loss exists as an avenue for growth towards your greater good, you will experience more light, more joy and a greater sense of peace in your journey.  Most of us, however are so ensconced in the drama of that moment, we fail to see the potential that the challenge brings into your life.  It is only after a period of time, that one can reflect and see the lesson of the experience.  We can then make a choice as to whether we are going to grow from it or ignore it.  The latter will have you repeating the experience if you fail to learn the lesson.

In a twenty-four hour period, Dr Deepak Chopra stated that we have between sixty to eighty thousand thoughts, what is interesting about this fact is that two thirds of those thoughts are the same ones we recycle repetitively. Now if this is the case and if we were to recycle the same negative thoughts consistently, what effect do you think that this will have upon our physical experience?  If I were to consistently say to myself that I am unattractive, I WILL eventually believe this about myself and even if someone were to remark that I was beautiful, I would not believe them because my repetitive thoughts will always trump what anyone else has to say to me.  My question to you today is what are your persistent thoughts?

If we take just a moment to observe what we think, what we say and ultimately what we do, we can then be accountable for every single experience that we attract into our lives.  Those experiences that we no longer wish to have, requires you have to either change your perception about it or replace the thought with one that is more positive.

Thoughts ARE things…we create all our experiences with our thoughts and your situation will NEVER change unless you go to the root of the problem.  You may be familiar with the phrase, “You are what you eat,” this is also true of “You are what you think!!!” (This incidentally is the title of a book by David Stroop PhD)

In the book The Impersonal Life by Joseph Benner, it states “A Thinker is a Creator. A Thinker lives in a world of his own conscious creation.”  Therefore, the task here is to learn how to think in order to create effectively.

Just for today, be an astute observer of your thoughts and remind yourself often, that whatever you think you do indeed create. 

Have a thoughtful weekend.

Namaste 

No comments:

Post a Comment