Friday 23 May 2014

The Word of the Week - Practice makes perfect


AFFIRMATION
I value myself enough to make the sustained effort required
to change my thoughts and enable my growth.

The most important lesson that I have learned on this journey to live from my authentic self, is that I have to practice relentlessly what I preach.  All internal changes that you make require an effort on your part.  Just as a child learns their times table by practising them by rote, we must also ritualise a new way of thinking in order to shed the old.

It amazes me that when one embarks upon a road to develop themselves, they throw in the towel at the first sign of difficulty using the excuse that, “It is too hard,” or lament, “I can’t change the way that I am.”  It is as if they do not value themselves enough to be willing to put in the sustained effort required, to make the necessary changes to the thought patterns of their lives.  This highlights to me how much the human family has moved away from its intrinsic nature and has become other than itself.

 Are you not worthy of the time and the effort it takes to make the changes in your life?

To overcome this particular hurdle - where I too lamented that it was too hard to sustain the effort of affirmations and retraining my mind to think from the perspective of my Source - I would ask myself this question, “Has your way of doing things given you the results that you desired?”  I could not answer this question with other than a resounding “No.” This pragmatic answer enabled me to push through my perceived failures in my development and become determinedly focused upon the voice of my higher self.
  
Yes, the feeling may be uncomfortable when you decide to change your thought pattern and replace it with the new, but after difficulty MUST come ease, so keep on pushing through.  When you fall back to your old way of thinking, do not admonish yourself and fill your mind with self-pity, keep on moving forward because mastery comes about through repeated practice.

“Our greatest glory is not in never failing but rising every time we fall.”
Confucius

Every time that I stumbled and fell back into my old patterns I would do everything that I could to get right back on track because I knew beyond my blocks was a place of peace, joy and happiness.

Just for today, know that you are stronger than you think and keep rising after a fall because there IS a world of peace and love that is calling for you just beyond your horizon.

Nameste


No comments:

Post a Comment