Friday 16 May 2014

The Word of the Week - Be Present


AFFIRMATION
I am present in all that I do and become aware that I ultimately hold the keys to my creative abilities by enjoying each moment of my day.

As I continue to remind myself of the art of being present in every moment, I am pleasantly surprised that in doing so I end up more in control by actually surrendering my controlling nature.  This paradox is that if I surrender control of the moment and flow with the “is-ness” of life I can then remain in control because I allow whatever to transpire naturally, without judgement and trust implicitly that everything transpires for my greater good.  These freedoms to allow life to be as it is, to remain aware of your source energy and accepting of the now, enables you to create your future in that present moment.

Paraphrasing the words of Leo Tolstoy, he asks us to “Remember then there is only one time that is important and that is NOW.  It is important because it is the only time that we have POWER.”
Just let these words marinate for a moment.  When you think of the past, the past only occurred in a now moment that has now become the past.  When you think of your future, you only do so in your now moment.  If this is where we have the most creative power, would it not be wise to choose what you actually think about in your now moment?  You could choose in this moment not to automate your day as just another day, doing the same things in a repetitive fashion.  You could choose to see this moment for what it is, with a sense of awe and wonder, capturing every second as brand new.  Your travel into work was different from yesterday because the other cars travelling with you are new, the air you breathe today has a different mix of components than that you had yesterday, and your encounters with people are different from yesterday because each person is renewed. 

When you approach your world with awe and wonder, a fabulous sense of gratitude follows quickly upon its heels.  You appreciate the smallest of things, each encounter, every word you utter, every acknowledgement you receive and in doing so you give yourself permission to BE in that present moment with love, gratitude and appreciation.  This allows you to get out of your head and into the now.  Take the mundane and make it fabulous.  You are not the same person you were in the last five minutes that you took in reading this nor will you be the same person in the next five minutes. This is where your creative power lays, the art to choose in each moment and the power to be able to choose again.

Today I humbly ask you to appreciate the NOW of your life.  Be grateful for the air that you breathe, the interactions you make, the support of the services that you use (internet included), your family, and your loved ones.

The gift of life truly lies in this pre-sent moment, so ENJOY!


Nameste

No comments:

Post a Comment