Friday 26 July 2013

The Word of the Week - Do The Work! (Warning -This one is NOT gentle)


 This morning I wanted to pose a question, Why do people (i.e.You) find it difficult to put in the work for their own self-development?  Why is it people (again You) insist on complaining about what is lacking in their life, what it is they don’t have, what it is that they want, but have no intention of doing the work to achieve their desires!  In an age where we have many law of attraction books such as “The Secret and The Magic” to name but a few,  they all encourage the reader to change their thoughts to what they want rather than what they do not want. However, I think many may have misunderstood its message and have become apathetic, in that as long as a person thinks about what they desire, they would magically get it! 

Now don’t get me wrong, I have both of those wonderful books on my shelf and they have helped me enormously, however, thinking about being wealthy didn't suddenly make me wealthy.  Nor imagining this great life I desired in extensive detail before I went to bed every night did not magically change my sorry situation.  No, the information contained in those books only truly started working for me once I realised that I had to do the work (and the suggested methods) to change my entire belief system about myself and the world.  It was only then, wonderful opportunities and experiences started to occur in my life. 

 Just as it is so very easy to order absolutely anything on the internet, we are very much an “I want it now” society; we lack patience with ourselves and with others.  We lack cultivating a spirit of compassion for our fellow man and we lack the conviction to do for ourselves what we expect others to do for us.
You desire more peace in your life, but you are not willing to take steps to stop the negative chatter.  You desire to be more fulfilled in your career and yet you do absolutely nothing in your attempt to find a more rewarding experience.  You desire a wonderful soul enriching relationship but you do not do the work in becoming what you desire in your mate!  I have sat for many years, waiting.  Waiting for a sign to take action, waiting for something, anything to kick start me into living a life that I have dreamed, not realising that the only person stopping myself from doing any of these things was having faith in myself knowing that I could.

Right here right now, I am here to tell you that absolutely nothing stands in your way for changes to occur in your life or your circumstances other than yourself.  Stop waiting and start doing.  If you have a big problem with your negative self-talk, then take action, buy a book, go on a course or find a mentor so that you can get the help.  Stop passively sitting there and complaining about what is wrong in your life and do something to help change it.  Trusting the guidance within teaches you to recognise the signs when you are to wait and exercise patience and when you are to actively participate in obtaining the life you desire.

Ascertain what your own Achilles heel is and then apply a method that helps you to action that change. An addendum here is that it must be consistently applied!!!

This wonderful affirmation (and a fantastic tool to use) from the book “No Matter What,” by Lisa Nichols is simple, short, sweet and empowering. 

I have faith in myself
Have a productive weekend.

Nameste

No comments:

Post a Comment