Friday 17 January 2014

The Word of the Week 2014 - Change your routine


Peace and blessings for 2014

Today I am committed to living in a space of peace and joy
 by becoming acutely aware of what it is I am feeling at every moment of the day.

We know it is a time for resolutions, I prefer to call it reflections, because as you reflect upon your year that has passed, you can ponder upon the decisions that you made previously and know that you have the ultimate power and control to choose again.
What are you choosing to do differently this year?  What did you learn from the choices that you made last year? What tools do you have in your kit that you know you can use with success to navigate through the ebb and flow of life?  These are the type of reflections that put you in control of your life, instead of the belief in the illusion that life controls you.

You have the power to decide how your day will go from the moment you arise by the routine that you have instilled to start your day off right.  Each day I fine-tune my routine so that I set myself up to be the best person I can possibly be; despite my first thought this morning being “how am I to afford groceries until payday?”   When you become aware or your ego self, you will notice that your first thoughts in the morning may not lead off as positive, they may start to set you up to focus more on what you don’t have in your life rather than what you do.  I went from lack to abundance within an hour of rising just by instilling a change in my routine that works for me.  As I brush my teeth, I affirm, “I am magnificent, I am wealthy and live a life of ease, I am beautiful, I am a Queen.”  By the time I have brushed my teeth my energy shifts far more positively than my first thought of lack.  I then shower, change into my onesie, set out my yoga mat, light incense and candles and do a 15 minute DVD yoga set finishing with a relaxing meditation for a further 15 minutes.  Yes, I get up two hours earlier to start my day right by making time for the most important person in my world and that is me!  This routine did not happen overnight, it took time and practice, but I want you to reflect upon how can you start your morning by easing gently into the day rather than catapulting.  Loving yourself more means doing just that, making time for you!

The opening affirmation is my desire for my day and my wish for yours too.  A few years ago, my affirmations started out as a wish, now they become my reality more and more each passing day.
So just for today, reflect upon how you wish the coming days ahead to be for you and KNOW that once you affirm your commitment to this desire it WILL be yours.

Nameste xx




No comments:

Post a Comment