Friday 4 January 2013

The Word of the Week - Welcome 2013


A very heartfelt welcome back to this brand new and exciting year!  Even though EVERY new day brings with it an element of wonderment and hope, somehow, when it comes to a New Year there is a greater sense of optimism in people who wish for a variety of changes to occur in their life.  Admittedly, this energy, that is so apparent at the start of a new year tends to wane by mid-month, further, by the time February rolls around, most, if not all are back in their same old patterns of thinking, doing and being!

Do you know what, that is entirely okay if you fall into that category because this year I would like to suggest a mind-set for you to carry using the phrase “this is a year of no pressure?”
Well, what do I mean by that?  From my own perspective I have always set myself goals being equally large or small that would necessitate a change in the way I think or how I act; a change in lifestyle or even in the choices I make. Sometimes there would be so many behaviours that I would like to get rid of, that  I became overwhelmed at the magnitude of my so called shortcomings, I would end up admonishing myself for not achieving even one of the unrealistic goals that I had set myself.  Thus would begin the circle of doubt in anything that I would think, say or do, because I did not live up to my own expectations!  I recognised a pattern of discontent which rendered me as totally ineffective in achieving what I set out to do.

The greatest thing about this journey back to your true self is that one day you wake up and actually feel as if you are growing and that your constant searching, trying, doing and failing actually yields tangible results.  One lesson which has taken me quite some time to learn is the lesson of acceptance.  I have learned to accept who I am and what I feel at any given moment, but what makes this so valuable is that I have learned to accept ME and be guilt free!  If one morning I wake up and I don’t exactly feel happy, I tell myself it is okay, if I am particularly sensitive or have a short fuse, that’s okay too.  I do not deny how I feel, I just feel that feeling; actually I embrace it rather than fight it and have learned that in acknowledging how I feel at any moment, does not make me less of a person or something that I am not.  I am still me regardless of how I feel and revel in the fact that I can still love myself irrespectively.

So I hope that you will continue to join me in this year’s theme of learning total acceptance of being yourself and endeavouring to love every part of that unique and exquisite creation that is YOU!

Peace and blessings for a wonderful 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment